Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The biggest news of all!!!

Ok - so you may be wondering why I have not posted to this blog for almost 7 weeks now. Why would I let things get so out of control? I usually am more organized and more on top of things.
Anyway - I found out the 2nd week in July that I was expecting. Jared and I were totally shocked. I was about 7 days late with my cycle and he told me to take a pregnancy test. I did not want to because we have taken pregnancy tests and ovulation tests for 7 years now just to be disappointed. So - I went ahead and took the test before going to bed. It came up positive almost immediately! I was completely shocked. Jared was so excited. We can hardly believe it!
Most of my time has been spent at work or asleep. I have been SO tired with this pregnancy. Some days are worse than others as far as feeling sick. I almost have welcomed the feeling sick (sort of) because then I knew I was going to keep this pregnancy.
So two weeks after that I was at work and asked one of my co-workers if she would take a look and see if there was anything even there by ultrasound. She looked and told me she thought there were two sacks. I could have died. Another co-worker looked the next week and sure enough there were two sacs with two heartbeats!!! So right now- I am 11 weeks pregnant with twins....
We were not even trying anymore. We had decided to start our adoption file with LDS Family Services. We had given up on having any more of our own. No fertility drugs, no ovulation tests - just pure Heavenly Father decided it was time.

All I know is that Heavenly Father has His own time frame and only He knows why He has it. I know that He has a purpose and reason for everything that happens in our lives. He is the creator and loves us and knows the desires of our hearts. He blesses each of us accordingly.

Enjoy this video from the day we told Madisen she was going to be a big sister. My family is also there and knew that we were pregnant, but not with twins.


We also told Jared's family this past Sunday. Many of the ladies in the family had had dreams that we were having twins. Funny how the Spirit works through the ladies!!

13 comments:

Family Days said...

Congrats Heather!! That is so exciting!! What a FANTASTIC surprise! I loved the video!! Madisen will be such a great big sister and helper. Now I know why you were napping during card club ;)

Tami said...

I have been stalking your blog ever since I took a peek myself last week....what a fun way to tell your family!

Amy A. said...

YEA!!! I can not tell you how excited I am for you! What great news. We are doing the baby dance for you right now :)

love you lots...

Nate and Heidi said...

Heather,
I am so excited for you! Sarah just told me about your happy news so I just had to come on your blog to see! I hope they are twin girls because they are the funnest :) oh and then you can name them Holly and Heidi :)

I am Melfy said...

Wooo Hooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh I heard the news today from Boyd!!!! How come you didn't tell me when you suspected it!?!?!?! Oh yeah, this is Melanie by the way! :)

Marianne said...

Heather that is awesome! I am so excited for you and your family. Twins! Congrats.

Sarah said...

Heather...I am so excited for your family. I wish you the best in the coming months! Genesis 30:22

Mary said...

WOW!!!! I'm so excited for you! I had tears running down my face as I was trying to read your message. I know how hard you've tried and now look TWINS!!! The video is so neat. Thanks for sharing.

Laurie said...

Heather - Congratulations! What great news! I am sooooo excited for you! Can't wait to see you at card club and chat.

Sherri said...

I love love love Pam's reaction! That was priceless! Your mom just slays me! Yay for twins!!! Oh and by the way the dream was a boy and a girl twins too.

Porter Family said...

Oh, Heather and Jared! I'm so happy for you! that is so dang exciting. I just want to cry, I'm so happy for you! My favorite part of your video when you told Maddie was Jared's laugh. I love you guys and wish I could give you both a big squeeze! I miss Uncle Dick and all you cousins. Get some sleep, your going to need it! Congrats!

And congrats on being done with school Heather! So much fun news. You are awesome!
love,
Amy

Dana P said...

I was crying as I was reading your post! Amy told me a few weeks ago that you were expecting, but because I never see you, I had to wait until you posted it to congratulate you!

Really congratulations is not a big enough word!! Twins is so HUGE and I am so happy for you guys!!

I hope you have a really easy pregnancy -- you deserve the best!

Dorey said...

Wow! Congratulations!! that is so amazing. Twins will be soo fun. Keep us posted. See you on Saturday! =)