Thursday, September 4, 2008

Grandma Ruby Jr.


So one day a couple of weeks ago Madisen and I were at Walmart picking up a few birthday presents. Madisen likes, yes likes, to go to the fabric section and "just look". She always sounds just like my mom when she says this, and frankly - it scares me!! Anyway - they had a new shipment of fleece and there was some High School Musical fleece. I told her that she could pick out one and I would serge around it for her. She walked away and a few seconds later came back with this other High School Musical blanket. She had me sold on it right away, because it was a blanket that she could make by herself.

So - we brought it home and a week later she made it. She loves the thing and I must say - she did a really good job on it. She loves crafts and especially loves to sew. This is why I call her Grandma Ruby, Jr.

For those that do not know my mom, she is an extremely talented seamstress. She is the type of person that can look at a dress in a magazine and then go home and make it without a pattern. She does beautiful work. I think that is why I do not attempt it.

Great job Madisen. I know Grandma Ruby is proud of you. :0)

1 comment:

Amy A. said...

Way to go Madisen!! That is something I have no NO skill in. Give me a few pointers.