Sunday, December 7, 2008

Another Ultrasound?

Being pregnant with twins has definitely been an experience like no other. Don't get me wrong, it has been totally amazing, yet different.

The Tuesday before Thanksgiving I had another Ultrasound and met with a perinatologist. I can definitely say that those people are amazing. I think they wonder why I am even there. Everything is going GREAT!!!

Baby A weighs in at 24 weeks at 1 lb. 4 oz. and Baby B weighs in at 24 weeks at 1 lb. 7 oz. So - eventhough I have not gained very much weight, these little guys are growing as they should.

I am also grateful to know that if they decided to make their entrance into this world at this point, they would have complications, but most likely would survive. Medical technology today is amazing, but I am still praying that I can make it 37 weeks.

I have had some strange cravings with these babies that I never really have had before. One of those being these little treats I found one day at the dollar store. On Monday I could not stop thinking about them, so my wonderful husband went to the dollar store at 9:45 pm at night to pick some up for me. They are very, very good and ah, hit the spot, just right.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I am glad the babies are doing ok. That is the foreign part for me - only having 1 ultrasound. Because of gestational diabetes, I have one at least once a month. Not to mention the non-stress tests. Are they going to have you do those as well? For me it was 30 minutes of forced relaxation!

Heather-hoo Andersen said...

Lucky me! I get to see the OB once a month right now and the perinatologist once a month which includes a monthly ultrasound. I also get to enjoy the forced 30 minutes of relaxation for non-stress tests, but not yet. I am trying to look forward to those! I am sure that I will have the OB appointments closer together starting next month. It has been interesting! :0)

Tami said...

So glad to hear that things are going well. Hope that you do make it to 35-37 weeks!

Family Days said...

I keep thinking about you and wondering how you are doing. Glad everything is going well!

Dorey said...

It's great to hear that things are going well with the twins. =) Pregnancy cravings are so funny, I'm glad that your hubby will run to the store for you. =) TTYL