Sunday, December 7, 2008

Reflections Contest 2008

Ok. So much has happened in the last two weeks that I cannot believe it has been two weeks since I have posted to my blog. So - here is to some catching up.


The Monday before Thanksgiving, Madisen had the "Reflections" award assembly at school. She entered the contest under the choreography section. The requirement was that she was to choreograph her own dance routine and make her own costume without any adult help. She begged me to allow her to do this. I told her to go for it, but the only help I could give would be in recording her dance. Thanks so much to her Aunt Lou Lou and Uncle Dayn.....they graciously helped with this area. So - needless to say, Madisen won for her division! I am really proud of her. She was so excited when they called her name!! She went up to the front with a red face and everything. I almost thought she was going to cry. I was in such shock!! Of course our camera was acting up, so all we captured was some shots after we got home. Her routine now goes to the district level and if she passes there, then on to the state and national level.


Way to go Madisen!! You did it!

1 comment:

Tami said...

CONGRATS MADISON!!! I am proud of her and I am not even a relative!