Monday, March 2, 2009

Final Countdown!!!!

It's the final countdown! I can hardly wait for the next three days. I just finished at the doctor's and we are "ready" for Thursday - 03.05.09 - the day that we will finally be able to meet these boys!

Jared went with me to this appointment. The doctor said that he wanted me to make an appointment for in six weeks when I left his office. Jared spoke up and said - I don't think Heather can make it another six weeks. The doctor and I started laughing. I told Jared it was for the follow-up visit, but I did agree with him that I could not make it another six weeks.

I measured 55 weeks pregnant which seemed to amaze the doctor. He told Jared that I was amazing because he usually only saw that type of measurements with quads. I know that there are only two in there - thank goodness!!! Both babies are still breech - so we are planned for a c-section Thursday first thing.

I had a dream last night that the babies were born. Baby A came first via c-section and when the doctor pulled him out he was about the size of a 2-3 month old. He gave Jared and I the "cheeziest" smile I have every seen. Next came Baby B and he was the size of a 3-4 month old. He came out and the doctor held him up. He looked at Jared and I and gave us a double thumbs up! I remember waking up laughing.

3 days to go until we finally get to meet these little miracles. I am grateful that I have been entrusted with two and pray that we can make it through this. :0)

My sweet Madisen woke me up this morning with a great big hug and a kiss. She is the biggest sweetie ever. She told me that she had made me breakfast. I found a banana, go-gurt, juice, fruit cup and a piece of toast waiting for me at the table. This kiddo is the best! I asked her what she would like for breakfast so I could fix it for her while she got dressed and then we could eat together. We ate our breakfast together and she headed off to school. She keeps asking me how many days until she is the big sister. We have her "I am the big sister" shirt all ready to go for Thursday. She is just as excited as we are.

I love being a mom and a wife. Jared and I are trying to imagine what our life is going to be like going from a family of 3 to a family of 5 overnight. We feel totally lucky and scared about all the upcoming changes. If you know of someone that no longer believes in miracles, then they need to come and talk to Jared or I. We appreciate all the love and support we have felt from everyone.

Come on Thursday!!! :0)

9 comments:

The Howick Family said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you ! Good luck and best wishes! As always ou will be in our thoughts and prayers!

Charayne said...

I am so excited for you guys. Cute story and I am so glad that you have it recorded now. I sent your gift to card club, hopefully you'll get it before the babies come. Let me know if you need any help. My cousin had twins, so if you need advice or anything, you may want to check her blog out. Let me know.

Family Days said...

So exciting Heather!! I'll be thinking about you on Thursday!!

Nate and Heidi said...

Heather-Hoo- I am so excited for you! You are twice blessed. I can't believe that you have made it this far! Yeah for chubby boys! (I hope they are :)
Good luck on Thursday and I will just mail you your gift.

Cammie said...

Heather! I am so excited for you and your miracles. In just a few days your life will change in so many wonderful ways! Can you believe it? I hope all goes well and I can't wait to see pix of the whole fam!!

i {heart} hawkes said...

Finally! I'm so impressed how good your attitute is still. I was asking Mary to day if she had heard any news from you. Good luck tomorrow, you will be fantastic.

Susan G. said...

Thinking of you. think how much thinner you'll feel tomorrow at this time...whew. Best of luck in the morning. You will be awesome!!! I loved the story of your dream. Keep your great sense of humor..I have a feeling you may need it!!

Mama! said...

Today's the day- my gosh! Good luck, you're in my prayers. Let us know how it goes.

Dorey said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait to meet your little guys. =)