Tuesday, March 24, 2009

They're here....!!!


Ok I know my boys are over 2 weeks old, but hey - I am on the computer for only the second time since they have come home!

Life is a little crazy around here. I think it may only get more crazy once Jared returns to work which is on Sunday. I am not looking forward to it!!

Does anyone remember the movie "Poltergist"? There is a part when the cute little blonde girl turns on the TV and says 'they're here' in the creepiest way possible....well - I have often felt this way the first few days we were home from the hospital. :0)

The boys were born March 5, 2009 at Alta View Hospital via C-section. Yes - lucky me, Baby A had turned and both boys were breech. I carried these guys until I was 38 weeks pregnant, not something I would recommend to anyone planning on having twins!!

Baby A was born at 7:54am and Baby B was born at 7:55am. I cannot express how I felt as I heard of their cries. It was a special moment for me.



Baby A is Rylen Mills Andersen. He weighed in at 6 lbs. 12 oz. and was 20 1/2 inches long.



Baby B is Caysen Jared Andersen. He weighed in at 7 lbs. 13 oz. and was 21 inches long.

As Rylen was born, I felt an enormous amount of pressure relieved from my back. It was wonderful!!! Then once Caysen was born, I felt even more pressure relieved. That sensation was completely amazing!! As they showed each gigantic boy to me, I told my OB that I could hardly wait to hear how much each weighed. He said that they were definitely good sized boys. I told him that I wanted to go on the biggest loser just for this one week - mostly because I know that I would be the biggest loser! :0)

The staff at the hospital were fantastic. We stayed for 3 days and I was very glad to be home. I have had too many health complications following the c-section, something I know is getting better each day....just something that was not planned! We are doing great though.



I am so grateful that my boys are as healthy as they are. We love them to pieces and they have brought such joy to our lives already! I really worried how I could love these boys as much as I love Madisen - but I really do! A parent's capacity to love is amazing!!

Well I better go - Caysen is screaming right now. Rylen will not be far behind if I do not hurry.

11 comments:

Family Days said...

They are absolutely adorable Heather!! I'm so glad everything went well. I can't believe they are over 2 weeks already!! Congrats on your sweet little guys!

Mama! said...

Oh my goodness they are darling! Thank you for your prayers- we will need them. I need to come see you/them and bring your shower gift. I am so happy for you, they are big boys!

Laurie said...

Heather-they are so beautiful! Thanks for the update. I have been dying to see pictures and hear how you are doing. I hope things are well with you health-wise. I would love to help you with anything you need!

Jen said...

They are so adorable, and I can't wait to meet them! I'm glad things are improving with your health - hang in there!

Susan G. said...

horray!! Glad you're all home and doing well. What beautiful boys and great names too!!

Stacie said...

Heather I am dying to see them. the pictures are adorable. I can't wait to see you!

Dorey said...

Congratulations!!! They are sooooo precious and gorgeous. =) Can't wait to meet them. TTYL

i {heart} hawkes said...

Good work mama and papa! They are completely fantastic. Heather they look just like you (I'm sure you get that a lot). Congratulations and seriously I think you are amazing taking on twins. Can't wait to see more pics on the blog.

Nina said...

Heather, What a beautiful blessing to have 2 handsome boys. I remember the feeling of such relief when my kids were removed from the "Sun roof". :0)
Congrats to you and the entire family.

Sarah said...

I am very happy for your family Heather! I was showing the pictures of your boys to my boys and Thomas just kept saying "Baby! Baby!" He loves to see babies.

We now wish you a speedy recovery and a long nap!

I am Melfy said...

Whooaa!! Rylen looks so much like you! Talk about cute boys! I can't even imagine what a relief that had to have been when they were delivered. My back hurts just thinking about it!