Wednesday, October 28, 2009

More Family Time.....


So if you ask Madisen she will tell you that I am "cheap". Not in a naughty sense of the word, but I am a true at heart sucker for a really good deal!!! I LOVE to be the bargain hunter and find the steal of a lifetime for almost nothing.

So we have been trying to do "cheap" family outings. These have proven to be some of the best. Two weeks ago was our stake conference. Jared was all gung-ho to go, while I refused. I just did not want to wrestle on the hard chairs with two 7 month old boys. SO - we did not go. I kinda feel guilty about it, but we had some "family time" instead which was a lot of fun.


We went up American Fork canyon for a drive. We wanted to see the leaves changing colors. At the mouth of the canyon it was absolutely beautiful!! At the top, most of the leaves were already gone. We drove to Canyon Springs (I think that is what it is called) and then came back. It was a nice afternoon and not too cold.



The kids, especially the boys were fascinated by all the leaves. Such a new world for them. It was great!

I love this picture of Madisen. The car was mostly quiet on the way home and when I looked to see why...(this of course is rare with three kids), I found Madisen mesmerized by the colors she was taking in. I asked her what she was doing and she said....just soaking it all in mom, just soaking it in.



My husband turns into a different person anytime we go up American Fork canyon. He changes in a good way. He grew up in AF and spent a lot of time riding the canyon on his bike, camping with friends and driving to get away from life. I love to watch his love of the canyon come out whenever we go. Maybe we should go more often!!

2 comments:

Tami said...

Oh My! What Adorable KIDS! I cannot get enough of their cheeks! Heather, you are amazing. I still just love your miracle story and just seeing what a wonderful person and mother you are!

Charayne said...

Those are the best kind of activities. They are the ones that everyone will remember! It looked like a beautiful day. Hope you enjoyed your time together.