Tuesday, January 5, 2010

10 months....Oh BABIES!!!


Yep. We have survived!!! Yes we have!! The twins turned 10 months old today. I actually feel very proud that I did not torture them too much. A dear friend at church stopped me and asked me how I liked being a "mother of three". I told her I loved it! I meant that with all Sincerity of my heart to. She said that she felt I had adjusted well to three kiddos. Why thank ya!!

Here are the boys stats from last month at their nine month check up:
Rylen
wght: 21.61 lbs
length: 30 inches
Percentage of ideal: 89% (the pediatrician told me this was off and should be actually higher).....ok.


Caysen
wght: 20.72 lbs
length: 29 inches
percentage of ideal: 95%

Since the twins are 10 months old today....just thought I would share, as their mom, my top ten favorite things.

10. I loved the day last month I was stopped in the grocery store and was told by some random stranger that..."your boys are too old to have a pacifier". I asked the lady how old she thought they were. She replied that she would guess they were almost two! I actually bellied laughed so loud that several heads turned in our direction. When I explained that they were only almost 10 months old, she quickly turned her little cart and went the opposite direction.

9. I love watching the twins play together. They are learning to share more and don't seem to get too upset if they steal each others toys. I am sure that their first full word will be...."share!"

8. I still do not listen to advice from others that have no clue about twins, taking care of them....etc. If you are not sure what I am talking about, see my post from 10.05.09.

7. A child's laugh can heal a wounded heart in less than 30 seconds! It is magic!!

6. Teething sucks & drool happens!!!

5. Not all babies like to sleep through the night...even at 10 months old!

4. A simple toy ball will keep a 10 month old boy occupied all day!

3. Even at 10 month old, some kids prefer their mommy!

2. 1 p.m. church is much better than 11 am church for 10 month old boys that need a little nap before we sit through 3 hours of meetings!!

1. The bond between twin brothers only grows stronger as they grow older together!!

5 comments:

Stacie said...

Wow I can't believe they are 10 months old. That is hilarious about the lady in the grocery store. ha! They look like little boys now instead of babies. So adorable!

The Howick Family said...

I cannot believe they are ten months already....and twice the size of Ayden! I love your bit about ignoring advice...I find myself doing it all the time. No one knows better for kids than their own mommy does!! they are adoreable Heather and yes you did survive and now for the next stage with twins...MOBILITY!!! Good Luck!

Cammie said...

Heather! Oh, my my my gosh! They are too cute and too old. Where does the time go?

BTW: don't you LOVE the things people say that grocery store...It's just amazing!

Erin said...

They are so cute. I can't believe the lady in the store...The things people say are so funny (and usually wrong!)

Nate and Heidi said...

Okay Heather, they are so stinkin cute! I cannot believe they are 10 months already!