Monday, January 4, 2010

Hold on.......I need to catch up!!!

I cannot believe that it is already January and that Thanksgiving, Christmas and the new year is already here. What in the world happened?

Let's see if I can catch up a little here. I really have not meant to ignore our family blog. I just feel that life was a little crazy and there seemed to be way too much drama around certain events. So.....let's start with Thanksgiving.

With Thanksgiving, we rotate which family we spend it with each year. Last year we went to Idaho and spent time with my family. So - this year we spent time with the Andersen's. It turned out to be very interesting. I learned that I really, really, really, LOVE a more traditional type Thanksgiving. It was the twins first Thanksgiving, and I guess I really wanted to have something more traditional. I also realized that when you are in a family......that is not always the case. Here are some pictures from that day:
Madisen enjoying all the ice cream she could eat.
Caysen showing a rare smile. Even the people in the background are amazed!
Mr. Happy all the time Rylen!

So from the pics you can see that we went to a restaurant. It was different....very different. That is all I am going to say about that adventure.

The Sunday after Thanksgiving we were able to go down to Temple Square and listen to Madisen perform with the Riverton Children's Choir that she sings with. It was VERY amazing!! I must say that I was outstandingly suprised!! I had heard how good the choir was.....but I honestly just thought is was mom's blowing their own horns for their kids. I was WRONG!!! It was a cold, but fun night.....


The twins turned 9 months old on the 5th of December. Madisen and I have been joking because she is 9 years old in December 2009 and her brothers are 9 months old in December 2009. I don't think that kind of number stuff will ever happen again. We adventured to Kiddie Kandids for some photo opportunities that Caysen of course did not like too much! I still think the pics turned out cute though. (I realize of course that I am very biased!)




Christmas morning came all too quickly this year!! We did however manage to get our tree decorated and our Christmas cards sent out early this year!! Thank goodness! We decided to set our tree up downstairs since the twins rarely venture down there. Guess what? We did not have even one broken ornament. I felt it was important to record that moment, because with our boys there is no guarantee that it will every happen again!!!


Just before the madness began!!!

Madisen has been wanting an "American Girl" doll FOREVER!! Santa finally brought her just the one she wanted. I am glad that santa finally came through!!

The twins were a lot of fun this year!! They loved, loved, loved all the wrapping paper and new presents they received! It was a great Christmas for our kids!!!

Jared and I rang in the new year 2010 by both working the graveyard shift! Thanks so much to my sister Summer and her family for coming down and watching the kids overnight! I don't know too many people that would give up their New Years' Eve to watch three kids for free! Thanks again....you saved us!!!

So - this is my post to bid 2009 farewell. You have been good to our family and you will forever be filled with many, many memories. I am anxiously excited for the new year of 2010 and all the possibilities and milestones we will meet! Let's go!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh Heather...do you remember that Thanksgiving we had at my in-laws before I had children? It was...um...very...interesting as well. I know what you mean. Tradition is good :-)

Your children are cute and growing, which is what they tend to do.

Have a great 2010!