Thursday, February 19, 2009

Last Ultrasound....

Could it really be true? I have made it in the pregnancy to the last ultrasound? Yes I did and I can hardly believe it! I guess a part of me really thought that I would have these babies by now.

I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday. I am only dilated to a "one". BUMMER!! My doctor said that he would strip my membranes next week when he saw me. Later that day I had an ultrasound and guess what - the little flipper - Baby A is Breech AGAIN! So - both babes are head up!!! This means that a c-section will be planned for me!

I am totally OK with this - just as long as the boys are healthy - that is all I really want/care about!! So - I called my doctor and spoke with his nurse. She said she would let the doc know and they would call me if he wanted me to come in sooner - otherwise they would see me on Tuesday.

So - Baby A's estimated weight was 6lbs 4 oz and Baby B's estimated weight is 6 lbs 8 oz. Both babies fluid looks "outstanding" and they are both very active. Of course, they are boys. I am very happy with their growth and just want them to be healthy when they are born.

I am 36 weeks pregnant today. So - when I was about 30 weeks pregnant I "grounded" the boys and told them they were not allowed to be born until they cooked for another 6 weeks. We made it!!! I will keep everyone posted. I cannot wait to be able to see my shoes again!!!

6 comments:

Family Days said...

Oh my gosh!! You are so close!! I can't believe it!! I'm so glad everything is going great! I am so excited for you and can't wait to see those cuties!

Sarah said...

WOW Heather! Good luck with the C-section. I think if you are mentally prepared for it, you will be a lot better off. With Jonathan I was not prepared and I think it was just harder on me. The other two boys were planned and I did MUCH better (so did John!)

Jen said...

Awesome-I loved my planned c-section. Best delivery ever!!
Best of luck to you and your family for a safe arrival of the two sweet babes.

Milisa said...

I am so excited for you and a little jealous too. I wish I was as far along as you are...4 more months seems like an eternity right now! I can't wait to see pictures of the boys! Good luck!

Susan G. said...

yay! You made it to 36!! Way to go!! my sister and her boys only made it to 35 and they are still on o2. Thanks so much for posting about this and letting us all enjoy your progress! Good luck with deliver and shout if you need anything!!!

I am Melfy said...

I can't believe the turkey timer on those boys hasn't popped yet!! GoOd LuCk!!!
Melanie