Tuesday, February 24, 2009

More baby stuff......

So I went to the doctor again yesterday. The doctor was funny and wanted to know if I had asked my baby boy A yet why he decided to be a "little flipper" and go breech on us. All I could do was laugh.

I am now dilated to a "2" and 50% effaced. Wahoo- raise the roof - WHATEVER! My doctor said that he wanted to go ahead and see me next week. I asked him: why? I honestly thought he would schedule the c-section this week!! He said that because my blood pressure is so good and the boys seem to be doing fine - he wants to wait until 38 weeks to do the c-section.

I expressed my concerns to him regarding going into labor and the complications - ie delivering the cord first, etc. Well - he checked me and assured me that this would not be my case.

So - only 9 days to go if I do not go into labor on my own. Not that I am counting or anything!!!

Madisen has started to call me the "cabbage patch mama". At first I did not understand what in the world she was talking about. I asked her what she meant by this. She said that my feet and ankles look like one of her cabbage patch dolls because they are so swollen and big. So - another thing that I look forward to losing after these boys are born - my cabbage patch feet and ankles. :0)

9 comments:

Mama! said...

Thanks for keeping us updated! Good luck!

Laurie said...

Oh so cruel - those doctors!:) Do they not know what it feels like? Oh right - they don't. :) Well, hang in there Heather. Think healthy babies...better sleepers. :) Keep us posted!

i {heart} hawkes said...

i second tanah! i have been waiting on pins and needles to hear how everything went. good to know you are still doing well. hang in there mama anderson, we're rooting for you!

i {heart} hawkes said...

um, just realized that i spelled your name wrong, forgive me...chalk it up to my pregnancy brain and lack of fully functioning brain cells!

Susan G. said...

Kids say the darndest things...who would have thought to compare swollen ankles to a cabbage patch doll!!?? Hang in there...You are doing awesome!!

Cammie said...

I am SO impressed that you made it this far! Amazing! I thought you would've had those little swimmers by now. I can't wait to see them!

Thank you thank you thank you so much for all the cards. You really are amazing. I got them this weekend and I'm working on photographing them to put on the blog. I have another friend that offered to donate, so I am going to post your cards and her stuff together as a, "LOOK! NEW STUFF!" post.

Thank you so much again, you are amazing!!

Sarah said...

You don't have my OB. Mine kept trying to talk me into delivering as early as possible. With Thomas, John had finals and I told him I wanted to deliver at 38 weeks. He kept trying to talk me into 37 weeks. He is good though.

One day at a time! You are almost there.

Charayne said...

Congrats!!!! I bet you are soooo excited to be done. I can't imagine having 2 in my belly. Way to go. Also, I have cabbage patch legs, so it will be nice to get rid of those. BTW I have your baby gift from Card Club. Could you give me your address and I will bring or send it your way?

Family Days said...

The end is in sight!! YAY!! Can't wait for you!