Monday, July 27, 2009

The week of July 24th, 2009.....

With Madisen being out of school, I have really tried to find some fun activities that we can do together. I am not really good at this because I have always worked. Madisen asks me all the time, what can I do....and please don't say "chores". I cannot blame her. I absolutely hated "chores" growing up. Well, I have been scouring the little newspaper that comes with the weekly ads for free stuff to do. If we had a lot of money, then finding things to do would not really be a problem. I have loved the challenge of finding fun summer things to do that are free!! Yes - my maiden name is "Mills"; therefore I am allowed to pinch pennies. :0)

We have visited a few splash parks or hope to visit them before school starts. We have walked the neighborhood and found some "pretty cool" yards that we did not know existed. We also found a fun activity at the South Towne Expo Center before the Pioneer Day parade on July 24th. It was the parade float preview. It was free and was way awesome. Madisen loved being with her cousins to take part in this free fun and liked getting up close to the floats. Her favorite float was Murray City's. It had ballet shoes on it and Maddie was in heaven. She also liked the Days of 47 Royalty float and expressed her desire to someday ride as the royalty in the parade. Heaven help me!!!

On Saturday we spent the day at Lagoon. Yes I know this is not free - but I did find awesome discount tickets for the park through my work. We had a lot of fun and I learned that my 9 year old is a lot more brave than I am. She rode many of the big rides and roller coasters that I could not even think about riding! Way to go Madisen!!!

Here are some pictures from the float preview. Enjoy!

No comments: